Monday, September 5, 2016

Honey Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry

Guys, this is one of my favorites. It's a quick easy go to when we have been out and about in the afternoon and all my people are hungry. I particularly like this dish because it freezes well and reheats even better than the first day. 



Ingredients: 
3 T sesame oil divided
2 chicken breasts sliced into strips
1 softball sized onion chopped thinly 
2 cups bite sized broccoli florets
1/2 t ground ginger
1/2 t dried lemon peel
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 T honey
2 T corn starch

1. Preheat your wok and 1 T sesame oil over high heat. Chop your onion and when oil is fragrant add onion. Stir fry 3-4 minutes until translucent. Remove to separate bowl. 

2. Make sure broccoli florets are bite sized. Heat 1T sesame oil in wok and stir fry broccoli 1-2 minutes then add 1T soy sauce to steam broccoli another minute. 
Remove to onion bowl

3. Coat chicken in spices. Heat 1T sesame oil in wok and add chicken. Stir fry until no longer pink then add broccoli and onions back to the wok. Mix together remaining soy sauce, honey, and corn starch until no lumps remain. 

4. Add soy sauce mixture to wok and stir constantly until sauce thickens and clings to mead and veggies. 

5. Serve over short grain rice


This onion is enormous and quite potent. It made my eyes burn so I'm thrilled that it was a quick chop job! 



I bought pre-cut broccoli in a bag and it worked out really well. I Onlu needed to chop a couple florets in half before they were ready for the wok. 

There it is, the chicken, frying away all seasoned and making everyone's mouth water. 


You can see how beautifully translucent the onions are as well as the lightly soy sauce coated broccoli. I couldhappily eat   just this for dinner and I can neither confirm nor deny whether or not I have in the past. 


The sauce is perfectly thickened and clinging to the chicken and veggies! 


Don't forget the rice!! If you don't have a swanky rice cooker like mine you'll need to cook it on the stove top while you're prepping everything else. 

This is usually where I have a plated dish and I talk about how delicious it is but today the family (including myself) was so hungry that I completely forgot to take one. 


Just s heads up, I made the dough for my cherry pie this afternoon. The pies is the truth! 

No comments:

Post a Comment