Sunday, September 25, 2016

Beefy Spaghetti Sauce

There was a time when, if I wanted spaghetti I would go to the store, find the pasta aisle, and grab a jar of sauce and some noodles and hurry home to eat. I've learned a lot since that time and how to make some BOMB sauce is one of them. 
I share with you now the home made spaghetti sauce!! 



 
Disclaimer, this IS the sauce I made but I needed to blend it for texture purposes. My stick blender did a great job yet again! 

Ingredients:
2 lbs ground beef or sausage, browned and drained
1 onion, chopped
2 T garlic, minced
2 stalks of celery, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
1 head of broccoli, chopped (optional)
2 28oz cans of diced tomatoes
1 4oz can of tomato paste
2 T Italian seasoning
2 T dried parsley

Directions:

Put everything in the crock pot with one cup of water and stir until tomato paste is broken up, cover and cook on low for 10 hours or high for 4 hours. 

Stirring occasionally is optional but it will circulate the delicious smell of spaghetti ALL over your house. 

Serve over cooked spaghetti noodles, or any other dish calling for Spaghetti sauce and enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment